The FH-1 'faderHost' is a USB MIDI Host in an 8HP Eurorack module, allowing you to directly connect a USB MIDI controller to your modular synthesizer.
Using a suitable connector box (e.g. this) "USB MIDI controller" here includes an iPad or plain old computer.
As well as simple direct control of the output CVs from MIDI CCs, the FH-1 also offers
- LFOs on each output
- Step sequencers
- Polyphonic MIDI/CV conversion
- MIDI and analogue clocks in & out
- and much more
The FH-1 can be expanded with the FHX-1 Output Expander, for a maximum of 64 outputs.
SpecificationsThe FH-1's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 43mm
- Current draw: 64mA on the +12V rail, 27mA on the -12V rail (91mA total) (revision 1.1, from November 2015)
- plus the power requirement of the attached USB device. See the manual for information on calculating the current draw on the +12V rail from the USB device.
- Outputs: 8
- Digital-to-analogue conversion: 14 bit
- Voltage range: jumper selectable between ±5V, 0-10V, 0-5V
- Inputs: 2 digital inputs for clocks etc.
- Trigger voltage approximately 1.8V
- USB socket: Type A
- Expansion: One header for connecting FHX-1 Output Expanders.
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 10 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
For more detail, please see the user manual.